WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
Creative content with stories, honesty and humour at its core plays a pivotal role in the movements we build. And that’s where you come in.
We’re on the hunt for a Junior Digital Designer to join our team of digital activists. This is an exciting (and rare!) production role at If Not Now where you’ll execute the majority of our visual content; from graphics and gifs to videos & simple animation to inspire audiences to create real impact.
A BIT ABOUT US:
At If Not Now, we are campaigning on some of the world’s most urgent issues. That’s what makes us Digital Activists, rather than your typical agency.
We might be driven by our values, but we’re powered by our skills. And that’s what makes the stuff we do work.
We fight the good fight. We cause good trouble. We hold people to account. We don’t greenwash. We say do better. We want less talk, more action. And we aren’t afraid of walking our talk. Over the past few years, we have…
- Pressured Alok Sharma and the COP26 team in appointing 3 women to their originally all-male (!) UK Leadership team.
- Got a national anti-poverty charity to carry out their very first stunt involving text messages to Rishi Sunak from the public, Houses of Parliament and a big old ad van.
- Mobilised 250+ art activists around the world to design posters that call on Governments to take urgent action to make universal access to water accessible to all.
- Drove 100,000+ members of the public to sign a petition to introduce a carbon tax for the UK’s biggest polluting companies, which then triggered a debate in Parliament ahead of COP26.
- Unveiled striking ice sculptures with an international charity featuring people from around the world collecting water, to highlight how climate change is causing fragile water sources to disappear for vulnerable communities.
- Got the world talking about Brexit with our infamous Boris-Trump ‘Kiss of Death’ mural in Bristol, which went viral within minutes, to inspire and activate young people in the UK to vote.
- Mobilised thousands of young women to vote in the UK General Elections, which resulted in the highest young female voters on record.
At If Not Now, you’ll be part of a passionate team who are leaving a dent in the world. A team who knows we have the chance to make real change by working together. And the time for playing it safe is well and truly over. It’s time to take risks, be bold and be brave.
Because If Not Now, then when?
MORE ABOUT THE ROLE:
You’ll be responsible for conceptualising and delivering social media content that can galvanise humanity around a problem and mobilise the masses. Typical tasks will include:
– Producing graphics, motion graphics and video for a variety of applications and channels, predominantly social media.
– Creating assets to engage and grow If Not Now’s community.
You’ll be working only on briefs that are dedicated to making the world a little less shit, whether that’s with an international charity, a global campaigning organisation, a local community project or on If Not Now’s own marketing content.
The right candidate will be able to turn their skills to any style as the brief requires and will always strive to produce purpose-driven digital content.
- Strong portfolio of graphic design
- Strong with motion graphics and simple animations
- Able to edit video content to a decent standard
- An active interest in activism/campaigning for social & climate justice
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite including After Effects, Adobe Premiere, InDesign and Photoshop.
- A good understanding of visual design principles and typography
- Up-to-date knowledge of current social media trends, memes, technologies and tools
- Knowledge and understanding of digital and social media platforms including Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and LinkedIn, with an understanding how creative content performs on each platform
- Experience creating digital assets for a variety of target audiences
- An eye for detail and accuracy
- Strong communication and teamwork skills
- Experience in simple web design would be a bonus.
- The resilience to deal with daily exposure to hard-hitting subject matter
WHAT WE OFFER
- £22k-£25k salary depending on experience
- We’re trialling a 4-day work week, so you’ll get every Friday off (with no cut to pay)
- Hybrid/Flexi working, with our office based in central Bristol
- A truly rewarding role as part of a committed, passionate team who are leaving a dent in the world.
- 28 days holiday per year, inclusive of bank holidays, when on a 5-day work week. If we adopt a permanent 4-day work week then holiday allowance will be reduced by 20%; 22.4 days holiday per year, inclusive of bank holidays.
To apply, please send your CV and portfolio of your recent work to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting ‘Junior Digital Designer’ in the subject line.