Social Media Manager Role (full time)
Salary: £25k-30k depending on experience
Start date: Ideally as soon as possible.
Who we’re looking for:
Social media plays a pivotal role in the movements we build. And that’s where you come in.
We’re on the hunt for an experienced Social Media Manager to join our team of digital activists. This is an exciting role at If Not Now where you’ll be responsible for delivering purpose-driven comms and social media campaigns that fight for climate and social justice, as well as developing If Not Now’s digital presence.
A bit about us:
At If Not Now, we are tackling some of the world’s most urgent issues. That’s what makes us Digital Activists, rather than your typical agency.
We might be driven by our values, but we’re powered by our skills. And that’s what makes the stuff we do work.
We fight the good fight. We cause good trouble. We hold people to account. We don’t greenwash. We say do better. We want less talk, more action. And we aren’t afraid of walking our talk. Amongst many other achievements over the past few years, we have…
- Successfully pressured Alok Sharma and the COP26 team in appointing 3 women to their originally all-male (!) UK Leadership team.
- Got a national anti-poverty charity to carry out their very first stunt involving text messages to Rishi Sunak from the public, Houses of Parliament and a big old ad van.
- Mobilised 280+ art activists around the world to design posters that call on Governments to take urgent action to make universal access to water accessible to all.
- Driven 100,000+ members of the public to sign a petition to introduce a carbon tax for the UK’s biggest polluting companies, which then triggered a debate in Parliament ahead of COP26.
- Unveiled striking ice sculptures with an international charity featuring people from around the world collecting water, to highlight how climate change is causing fragile water sources to disappear for vulnerable communities.
- Got the world talking about Brexit with the now Boris-Trump ‘Kiss of Death’ mural in Bristol, which went viral within minutes, to inspire and activate young people in the UK to vote.
- Mobilised thousands of young women to vote in multiple UK General Elections, which resulted in the highest young female voters on record.
Working at If Not Now will make you part of a group of passionate people who are leaving a real mark on the world. People who know we have the chance to make real change by working together. And the time for playing it safe is well and truly over. It’s time to take risks, be bold and be brave.
Because If Not Now, then when?
You will work collaboratively with our team to conceptualise social media campaigns that can galvanise audiences around a problem and mobilise the masses.
You’ll then be responsible for delivering the campaigns on social media. Typical tasks will include
– Contributing ideas and insight on digital strategies.
– Producing social media posts; from written posts to graphics & Gifs.
– Researching and contacting activists and socially-conscious influencers for campaign support.
– Scheduling social media content across various client’s channels.
– Setting up and monitoring social media ads.
– Monitoring results and developing insight-driven client reports.
– Running If Not Now’s own social media channels.
You’ll be working only on briefs that are dedicated to making the world a little less shit, whether that’s with an international charity, a global campaigning organisation, an ethical business, a local community project or on If Not Now’s own marketing content.
The right candidate will be able to turn their copywriting skills to any style as the brief requires.
Experience, knowledge and skills needed for the role:
- At least 2 years in a digital marketing role, managing social channels and campaigns, preferably including agency or freelance experience
- An in-depth knowledge and understanding of digital and social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, TikTok and LinkedIn, with an understanding how each platform can be used in different scenarios for different purposes
- Up-to-date knowledge of current social media trends, technologies and tools
- Experience writing content for different channels to raise awareness and drive engagement
- Proven experience designing and creating visual content, preferably including experience with Photoshop and InDesign
- Publishing and managing social advertising campaigns based on detailed content calendars
- Running sophisticated Facebook campaigns and ads to tight budgets, making sure every penny counts
- Community management, including proactive engagement
- Campaign monitoring, analysis and optimisation
- Influencer marketing (outreach and engagement)
- The resilience to deal with daily exposure to hard-hitting subject matter
Does this sound like you?
- A proactive do-er who is happy to get stuck into the detail
- A thoughtful team player who is able to work autonomously
- A clear communicator, with strong written and verbal skills
- A creative thinker who also enjoys the crafting and doing
- A brilliant multi-tasker who can juggle multiple campaigns and clients at once
- A committed digital activist who believes we can make the world a better place
- £25k-30k salary depending on experience
- We’re currently trialling a 4 day work week, with every Friday off work (with no cut to pay)
- Flexible working, with offices based in Bristol
- A truly rewarding role as part of a committed team making a real difference to our world
- 28 days holiday per year, inclusive of bank holidays, when on a 5-day work week. If we adopt a permanent 4-day work week then holiday allowance will be reduced by 20%; 22.4 days holiday per year, inclusive of bank holidays.
Email your CV and portfolio that showcases your recent work to firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us why you personally want to work at If Not Now.
We plan to start interviews immediately.